EXPLORING POSSIBILITIES | EXPANDING POTENTIAL
The #BCTECH Summit is the largest technology conference in British Columbia showcasing the province’s vibrant technology industry. Attend, build cross-sector opportunities for your business and explore the latest ideas and innovations fueling our economy today.
From innovations in eHealth data, autonomous vehicles and customer experience, to emerging ideas in cleantech, agritech and aerospace, the two-day event will give you the information and tools you need to move forward in a world where technology is impacting every part of our economy – and our lives.
The #BCTECH Summit brings together tech entrepreneurs, anchor companies, business leaders from traditional industries, investors, government and academia to establish new connections, nurture existing networks, and exchange fresh ideas around innovation driving business growth.
Don't miss out on the THE tech event that sold out in January 2016.
Honourable Christy Clark
Premier of British Columbia
CTO & Co-Founder
Founder & CEO
Scientific Director & Professor
Stewart Blusson Quantum Matter Institute and the University of British Columbia
Canada Research Chair in Quantum Nanoelectronics & Assistant Professor
Simon Fraser University
IBM Watson Platform
Honourable Amrik Virk
Minister of Technology, Innovation and Citizens’ Services
Honourary IBM Cloud Adviser, Author, YouTuber
Senior Vice-President, Products & Solutions
Best-Selling Author of Captivology: The Science of Capturing People’s Attention
What To Expect
The #BCTECH Summit offers something for everyone.
- Whether you’re a startup looking for new partnerships or capital, a fast-growing industry leader seeking qualified talent or an innovative corporation exploring new markets, you need to be at the #BCTECH Summit.
- Dynamic speakers, interactive sessions and sector-specific deep dives on the most important topics impacting business technology decisions today.
- Connect with buyers in industry and government through facilitated B2B meetings. Applications now open. Deadline to apply is February 15, 2017.
- Secure the funding and capital you need to grow faster and apply to participate in the Investment Showcase. Apply today! Deadline to apply is January 18, 2017.
- Demos, discoveries and leads all begin in the ultimate networking space, the Trade Show floor! Book your space now by contacting us at email@example.com.
“A HUGE congrats and thank you for a really great event. By far the most substantial value we had was via the B2B meetings which were outstanding! We also got a lot of response from having a booth.”
~ Christine, ePACT
- Connect with BC’s most innovative and fastest growing tech companies and participate in the invitation-only Investment Showcase while networking with fellow investors from across Canada, the US and abroad.
- Meet up to 40 investment-ready, highly-vetted companies across four broad categories:
- Digital Media / Web / Mobile
- Traditional ICT / IoT / Wearables / Hardware
- Clean Tech / Advanced Materials
- Life Sciences / Medical Devices / Health IT
Investors interested in participating in the Investment Showcase must register directly via email. Click below or email firstname.lastname@example.org to register today!
“Thank you for putting on a wonderful event. I was very impressed with the VC pitches as well as the conference as a whole. I am looking forward to attending in years to come and connecting with some of the companies that presented.”
~ Ameena El-Bibany, Rising Tide Ventures, Menlo Park, CA
- Discover new opportunities for technology in your business. Meet face-to-face with BC SMEs with the potential to develop or adapt innovative solutions to your needs.
- Let us match you with the creators of technology that can disrupt the way you’re doing business. It is possible.
- 228 B2B meetings were facilitated between SMEs and large industry and government buyers throughout the inaugural #BCTECH Summit in January 2016. Deals were made. Jobs were created. Investments were made. Applications now open. Learn more here.
Youth and Students
- See where technology can take you at Youth Innovation Day - for high school, undergraduate and graduate students and youth organizations.
- Learn more about opportunities in technology, from education and training to real careers in tech, and the companies that are hiring.
- Test out the latest technologies – from virtual reality to digital health to robotics - and meet the inspiring researchers and inventors behind them at the Marketplace and Technology Showcase.
“I really want to thank you for giving us the opportunity to participate in the conference. The students came back yesterday with nothing but positive reviews about the conference. They said they got valuable information for their future careers and they learned a lot.”
~ Norman Ma, Teacher, Burnsview Secondary
- Two full days of carefully curated programming to showcase to the world that tech is everywhere and it’s here to stay.
- The #BCTECH Summit truly offers something for everyone. Meet new and exciting startups in Startup Square; demo leading creators of AR, VR and MR applications in Future Realities, presented by Microsoft; hear how industries are being transformed through technology adoption from dynamic speakers; and learn about the types of careers in tech.
- Immerse yourself in the sea of technology demos and exhibits in the #BCTECH Summit 23,000 sq. ft. Marketplace. This is where the action happens and connections are made, existing relationships are nourished, deals happen, and “a-ha” moments are realized.